The most significant problem that African nations face is lack of leadership. Normally, Leadership should be an intentional conscious effort to attend to the people’s needs and aspirations. But in Africa, even though many of those that are thrust into the position of leadership mean well, they lack the capacity to lead and meet the people/s hopes and aspirations. Apart from lack of adequate preparation for leadership, one other notable factor that had inhibited good leadership among African leaders is the seemingly non-existent structures for research and information management in the society. Hence, many well-meaning leaders often do not have the requisite information needed for a thorough appraisal and resolution of problems as they arise.
President Muhammadu Buhari recently claimed that herdsmen causing mayhem and committing terror acts all over the country are foreigners, specifically Libyans and not Nigerians.
I completely disagree with this narrative from no less a figure as our Commander in Chief and Father of the entire nation.
His comments amount to pure propaganda and image laundering for his kinsmen. This is nothing but tribalism .
And tribalism is a very perverse form of corruption, in fact, the infrastructure on which corruption thrives. This negates his government /party's vow to defeat corruption.
Unfortunately, this propaganda has now become a refrain/chorus sang by several powerful individuals and government agencies for example the Inspector General of Police, Minister of Internal Affairs and Minister of state for Agriculture, Senator Abdullah Adamu and several others.
The reasons why this dangerous refrain is false and insulting to the intelligence of Nigerians are many and I will mention a few of them
1. Nigerian Fulani herdsmen are now ranked as the 4th(fourth) worst terrorist organization globally by the global terrorism index after BOKO HARAM, ISIL and El Shabaab in terms of mass murder they commit.
2. While it is true that very few herdsmen arrested recently claimed they were foreigners, it is an undisputed fact that the Fulanis or Fulfubes (20 millions in population) spread across 20 countries in West Africa and 2 in North Africa (Sudan and Egypt) and they are bound by the same culture, religion and language. They move freely across the West African boundaries and they regard themselves as kiths and kins. It is therefore
artificial to claim those who commit terror attacks are only foreigners when they view themselves as a brotherhood and family.
3. Victims from the communities where the terror acts have been committed attest to the fact that they are the same Fulani herdsmen who have been ravaging and destroying their farms. E.g Agatu, Kaduna, Nimbo, Edo and Delta.
4. The massive act of terrorism is often preceded by a long running battle for months or years with the local community and wanton destruction of their farms.
5. The Fulani herdsmen have often collaborated with border communities at conflict with one another and used as mercenaries by one community against their feuding neighbor with the agreement that they (Fulani herdsmen) can then occupy the defeated or sacked community as their grazing reserves. This happened in a community in Odukpani, Cross River state.
6. Few days to the massive terror attacks, the Fulani herdsmen disappear from the host communities and never returned which showed pre knowledge and fear of reprisals attack by host communities if they return after the terror acts.
7. President Buhari's government surreptitiously smuggled 954 million naira into the 2016 budget for grazing reserves when there are still controversies raging on the grazing reserves. The Senate has publicly denied the grazing reserve bill and the House of Representative is yet to complete debates on the grazing bill.
8. Several Fulani herdsmen groups have publicly admitted that they retaliated or committed reprisals attacks because their cattle were rustled or their kinsmen killed or attacked by the host communities.
9. Mr President's first security assignment as President in addition to fighting BOKO HARAM was a determined putsch against cattle rustlers while turning a blind eye to the atrocities of his kinsmen until recent upsurge in their terror attacks and unprecedented public outcry.
10. The peak/upsurge in the Fulani herdsmen terror attacks coincides with President Buhari's Presidency. Is it possible that they felt emboldened that a sympathetic kinsman is now at the helm of affairs and now they can do and undo? Is it also possible that the real owners of the cattle which are powerful individuals/Nigerian elites are arming these herdsmen knowing that President Buhari is a life patron of Miyeti Allah cattle breeders association (MACBAN)?
These and many other questions are begging for honest and unbiased answers from all concerned.
If care is not taken, I sincerely pray and hope that this conflict will not snowball into an implosion and a much bigger conflict. God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
7 THINGS PMB MUST DO NOW
I have been warned that I will be labeled an ‘enemy’ for addressing the issue of herdsmen killing innocent villagers but I love my country more than I fear blackmailers. In my humble opinion, wisdom, tact, and common sense dictate that President Muhammadu Buhari do the following:
1. Address the nation directly on TV and radio.
2. Commiserate with affected communities deliver a message of peace and hope.
Promise the rapid delivery of compensation and restitution to the survivors, the wounded, and the families of those who have lost loved ones and livelihoods.
3. Go on BBC and other relevant radio services that Fulanis have a tendency to listen to. Speak to them in their own language, and in no uncertain terms state that this nonsense must come to an end quickly.
4. Set up and empower a Rapid Task Force with a view to stopping future violence and preventing a national conflict that might be much more difficult to contain.
5. Personally visit the affected communities to see things for yourself.
6. Meet with the leadership of Myetti Allah, the umbrella association of Fulani cattle herders, and explain in vivid detail what the consequences of future conflicts could be.
7. As a start, all herdsmen must be disarmed immediately, otherwise we are only postponing the evil day.
Mr President, you owe it to Nigerians, to the many Fulani herdsmen of no determinate nationality who rampage and roam Nigeria, and to future generations, to be seen at this time to be on top of the unfortunate situation; to the plight of affected communities in word and deed; and to the security implications of these most barbaric and medieval acts.
Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/
MEMORANDUM SUBMITTED TO THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES COMMITTEE ON AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION AND SERVICES ON INCESSANT CLASHES BETWEEN PASTORALISTS, FARMERS AND FARMING COMMUNITIES
BACKGROUND AND INTRODUCTION
This paper is presented by Professor Funmilayo Adesanya-Davies, a woman. As the only woman, making a presentation, looking at the grazing bill through the eyes and perception of the woman will be one of the wisest things the National Assembly will have to do. The reasons are not farfetched. She is the mother of not just her children but the nation's children. Also, she is fashioned by God, the creator to be a fitted help, not only for her husband but the whole community of men.
As a mother, I see this bill rather than an attempt to give the Fulani herdsmen space, but as an attempt to institutionalise Boko Haram throughout the country and cripple our children with fears of a people, who rather than love human beings, are more caring and more intimate with their herds. Fear has torments and as mothers, we see our children being tormented physically and even psychologically and emotionally. Time will not permit me to do justice in analysing the nature of the torments and their effects on our children. As an adult, let me recount my ordeal as a university professor, living near students’ hostels on the University campus.
I have Fulani Nomads living behind my house in Port Harcourt. They are wild, uncivilized and inaccessible. They wake us up at four 4 o’clock am daily and make everyone including all my students living in several four 4-storey buildings nearby have high blood pressure. I hope those buildings will not crash soon around my university. When I offered to buy them a grinding machine, they said pounding is their culture, yet their women showed me bleeding blistered hands. When I insisted that I would buy the grinder, they asked me how I would be fuelling it. When I told them to go to the nearby grinder to grind, they said they don’t have N20 naira to grind. When the Iwofe University community told them that they would be reported to the police authorities, they threw such great tantrums threatening that they would wipe away the entire university community and the whole Universe!
Their utterances and actions portray that they are ABOVE THE LAW. Everybody and even farmers who cherish life are terrified of them as they kill, rape, bomb, loot and maim anyone that entreats them. I had to go and complain to my brother, the Alhaji, who was hosting them on his land in Port Harcourt, to please intervene; which he graciously obliged me.
This should not be treated as an isolated case because I represent the so many women of Nigeria who may never be confident enough to present a memorandum of this nature. I carry their pains and anxieties here because I am a woman like them. As wife, I wish to kneel down and beg our men not to allow them to spread this hostility for whatever reasons which they may be advancing, not at this point in time in our history as a nation, when we are struggling with Boko Haram Insurgents.
I will cite a second testimony as a Kwaran from Ira, Kwara State Nigeria. For some time now, whenever, I go home, I observe that the women do not go to their farms anymore. Upon enquiry from the Oba and the women themselves, they explained that the Fulani herdsmen have taken over all their farms with all their crops are eaten up by their cows. They further exclaimed that the herdsmen rape and kill if they dare sight them on their farms. The men also do not bother going at all. The Kabiyesi said he has intervened, but the policemen are also afraid of the Fulani herdsmen. So the Farming occupation has thus been truncated. GOD help us!
To my mind, the Fulani herdsmen are business people like others seeking opportunity to market and enlarge their industry. Even now doctors are warning that red meat consumption should be curtailed and not as healthy as we thought. What right has the Nigerian Government to forcefully take community lands by legislation to enlarge the Fulanis cow business? Is it that other livestock farmers eg snail, goat etc. will also in every State be given a land as they desire for the enlargement of their businesses throughout the country? Is this the wish of the average Nigerian or is it that the Fulanis have terrorized us so much such that our husbands have become cowards to please them? God forbid! If our husbands will not protect us, we will have no choice but to move out on the street, if this bill is passed, to be killed by the bullets of our motherland.
The Federal Government plans to encourage the Cow Fulani Breeders to establish private Cattle Ranches and Grazing Reserves which is outdated, unscientific and unsustainable. That the nomadic culture of moving cattle from one place to another is not economically sound and that the culture should change for the creation of private cattle ranches with access to all the necessary amenities like schools, hospitals, Banks and proximity to Agro allied industries like Dairy, Tannery and Beef Production.
The startling statistics on the un-productivity of the current nomadic system is evident. The population of Cattle in Nigeria is 15million as against Brazil’s 220 million. Our dairy/milk production is extremely poor with 1L/cow compared to Brazil and Saudi Arabia of 30-40L/cow). Saudi Arabia produces 10 million pints of milk daily while Nigeria spends $1.32 million annually on importation of milk powder.
The Government is to assist Breeders with grazing grass seed and other incentives.
CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (Nigerian Graduate Christian Fellowship Submission – An Affiliate of CAN)
A) Grazing reserve/grazing route is unsustainable, conflicts with Land use act of our constitution that vested the power on land allocation to State Governors and not the Federal Government. It is also prone to conflicts with host communities and Farmers.
B) The best solution is private ownership of modern day cattle ranches with access to veterinary services, Schools, Irrigation/water supply and other social amenities
C) It is wrong for Federal Government to seize a community land and give it to Private businessmen who are cattle breeders as it favours one group at the expense of others.
D) The land mass in Northern Nigeria far outstrips what obtained in the South. The entire South eastern states have a land mass of 28,982 km2 which is smaller than Kogi State (29,582 km2)!
The entire southern states in the west, east and south south is less than a third of the land mass in the North. It is therefore wrong for Government to allocate land from the South to breeders from the North.
E) Sambisia forest which is approximately 60,000 Km2 and has more than 6million hectares of land can be used as a national ranch where all breeders from different parts of the country can breed their cattle. This will help to develop the area and derive Boko Haram their haven.
F) That the Fulani Herdsmen causing havoc, raping women, and armed with sophisticated weapons is a grave security threat to the country and should be treated as terrorists.
G) Government’s proposal to solve herdsmen/farmers incessant clashes by introducing grazing land reserve all over the country will in our opinion extend their terrorist activities all over the country and this is not acceptable.
H) The idea that grazing reserves as a panacea to the problem is not only archaic, but unscientific, unsustainable and most modern nations including Saudi Arabia have introduced ranches instead of Nomadism.
I) Moreover, cattle rearing as practiced in Nigeria is a private business, therefore it is unfair for Government to acquire land from Farmers which is their only means of livelihood and give same to the Fulani Herdsmen free of charge. In summary, we advocate the Ranching system which will restrict every Farmer to his own portion of land thus eliminating incessant clashes and unnecessary loss of lives and properties.
RECOMMENDATIONS BY CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (CAN)
1. No grazing rights, routes or reserves (3Rs) because it is private business and tax payers’ money should not be used as in other normal private businesses in the country.
2. Loans should be sourced for through banks, Federal/State ministries, like other businesses in Nigeria to facilitate their education as an association to improve themselves so that they can fit in with 21st century Nomad practices in line with the millennium development goals. It is a well known fact that the Federal Government has released billions of naira for Grazing Reserves in Northern Nigeria which we presume should be enough.
3. Lands should be sourced at state level or through Northern Governors’ forum where the cows will be in their natural habitat in northern Nigeria. This should not be done by COERCION, MANIPULATION, INTIMIDATION, ENFORCEMENT OF LAW or THE PASSING OF ANY BILL INTO MOTION but with PERSUASION and ENCOURAGEMENT. State Governors should be adequately educated on what they stand to benefit.
4. Ranches/Reserves should be restricted to state of origin of Nomads or anyone into animal husbandry and the remaining untapped, uncultivated vast land space on the entire planet which happens to be in Northern Nigeria.
5. Chief Awolowo said “Tap and pipe water from the Atlantic Ocean to irrigate the whole of Northern Nigeria like other deserts of the world and you will feed the entire world from here”.
6. There should be no driving of herds all over the nation as the excuse to mass murder Nigerians in the South.
7. All Nigerian borders should be tightened, because most of these so called Fulani herdsmen who are actually Boko Haram and illegal immigrants from neighbouring Niger, Chad, Burkina Faso, Benin Republic etc. They are definitely not our Nigerian brothers.
1. WE BELIEVE THAT THE NATIONAL GRAZING BILL IS A SUBTLE WAY FOR THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO ISLAMISE NIGERIA. So, in order to alleviate and prove our fears wrong, such a BILL SHOULD NEVER BE PASSED INTO MOTION because it is not a LEGISLATIVE ISSUE.
2. We are of the opinion that there should be constant dialogue with all the stake holders to formulate a holistic plan that will promote peace, harmony and advancement of our Livestock industry, so that we don’t divide Nigeria into Southeria and Northeria either overtly or covertly.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
GOD BLESS THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA!!!!!!!!
The story Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu state told the public about the massacre was false with intent to hide the truth and deceive the public. I will try as much to give account of what transpired and why Ifeanyi should be held responsible for failing to stop or minimize the causalities of that attack. Let us not be easy and quick to be deceived.
1. Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi lied when he stated that he did not call the president, Muhammadu Buhari. In fact he called the president on two different occasions. The first time he called the president was when he heard that the attackers had arrived their vicinity. In a desperate effort to quell the planned attack he immediately placed a call to the president. His call was answered but he was put on hold for 45 minutes.
2. The governor was notified that the herdsmen had arrived and were camped at the hilltop in Uzo-Uwani. This information was conveyed to the governor by a retired Col.(name withheld).
3. The herdsmen men were in their vicinity for 8 days before the attack.
4. There was negotiation between the governor’s team and the terrorists. The facilitator of that negotiation is the Sarkin Hausa in Enugu. The governor was so naïve not to discover that the Sarkin Hausa was a double agent.
5. It was after the governor found out that the negotiation was not going his way that he convened his security meeting which included but not limited to the SSG, commissioner of police Enugu state, the army, the officers of civil defence, the state attorney and other dignitaries in the state.
6. On the 7th day it was obvious that no entreaties or persuasion could make the herdsmen not to strike that the governor now placed a call to the GOC of 82 Division of Nigeria army in Enugu. The Gen. asked him to report to the president and get his order.
7. Frustrated by this response the governor again called the Inspector general of police to order his men to protect the Uzo-Uwani people from attack. The IGP also referred to the matter to the president.
8. Upon information that the army stationed at Enugu were coordinating with the attackers, the governor then placed a call to COAS, Gen. Burutai for help to stop the attack. The Gen. told Ifeanyi that his order comes from the president only.
9. Frustrated the governor made the last call to the president. This time his call was answered but was again placed on hold for 1hr 45 minutes. Frustrated the governor hung up and then called the Sarkin Hausa in Enugu.
10. The Sarkin Hausa was then sent to meet with the herdsmen. This time it was about 7pm of the 7th day. Sarkin Hausa sent message to the governor that the herdsmen have agree not to strike. Satisfied with a hive of relief the governor went to sleep.
11. Meanwhile the community leaders of Uzo Uwani were aware of the presence of the attackers 8 days prior to the attack.
12. They were aware of the negotiations. In spite of their knowledge of the presence of the enemies they did nothing to protect themselves.
Now with this information how can we excuse the governor on the basis of fake tears and pretended repentance? Questions arise as to why the governor did not go public as soon as he heard of the presence of the herdsmen? Why didn’t he empower to youths to prepare to defend their land? Why didn’t he tell the public the efforts he had made but met with no response from all quarters? How could he accept to dialogue or negotiate with criminals and terrorist who invaded his land?
Now the police commissioner has been made the victim of that sorry massacre why? It is because the governor is hell scared to mention the role of the presidency and the involvement of the army. In fact it was the 82 division of Nigerian army in Enugu that coordinated the attack. The attackers arrival was seen by many. Their Hilux truck was marked and they moved free in the community asking questions about individuals and routes. They village knew they were strangers and the leaders knew their mission. Why make the police commissioner escape goat?
Fact is if the police commissioner, Mr Ekechukwu Nwaido is complacent in a criminal way, why not arrest him and put him on trial? If he were guilty as we were told why not fire him from police force? Even as I write police is still insisting that Mr. Ekechukwu is still in service with the force.
How about the Sarkin Hausa in Enugu who has contacted him to get what he knew? Who is protecting him? If the IGP, the GOC, the CAOS all refused to act, why expect a mere police commissioner to act? Can’t you see how ridiculous the whole story of Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi is?
I am insisting that the people of Enugu and the entire Igbo people domicile in Enugu to march to Enugu government house and demand for the resignation of Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi. He failed woefully in his primary responsibility as a governor to protect the lives of his people. The fact that he has secretly negotiated a grazing route for the Fulanis is further evidence that he was boxed to a corner by his selfishness.
We the electorate must make it a condition for electing future governors only those who oppose the grazing route rubbish. If you want our votes in the future you must identify with us on this. No time for playing with kids glove.
The National Christian Elders Forum, (NCEF) haven studied a petition written by a Concerned Citizen about the activities of the intelligence services in Nigeria and haven taken a global look on events in the country, is of the opinion that a Jihad has been launched in Nigeria since 1975, when General Yakubu Gowon was overthrown and the intelligence service is being used to promote Islamist ideology in the nation.
Since the inauguration of the National Christian Elders Forum (NCEF) we have learnt a lot about the history of Nigeria, and from our research we are of the firm belief that an Islamic Jihad has been taking place since 1975 when General Yakubu Gowon was overthrown. It is the desire of the NCEF that this Jihad should stop. And, for this to happen all barriers erected by the British and the Islamists, should be pulled down and bridges built in their places.
Christians have no choice but to transform CAN into an established Organization for the promotion and protection of Christianity in Nigeria in the face of the threat of Islamism otherwise known as – Political Islam, which has no single creed or political manifesto but certain common beliefs such as that (1) Nigerian Society should be reconstructed in line with the Religious principles and ideals of Islam.
Let me start this auspicious article in this manner. On Friday11th march 2016 before 3am while in pain talking to God (for suddenly calling my beloved friend, companion and wife home on Wednesday 3rd February 2016) I had a spiritual encounter via a dream.
I saw a very sloppy brown coloured mountainous rock with a lot of green vegetation and growth. I saw little dogs, sheep, antelopes and lions all playing and skipping together on the rock. As I watched from afar, it was a marvel to me. Suddenly I was in a living room of a house with American preacher John Haggee and other white folks and they shared the word of God, I listened to them intently in the corner where I sat. Then John Haggee said, “Tell Nigeria that GU, BUIK and many USA Corporations want to come and set up but not until you have at the presidential palace SARAI birds that fly and take snapshot.
Madam Sarah Danladi 45 served her husband the Local Beans popularly known as
Waken Gida a delicacy popular in Southern Part of Kaduna State. She and her
husband and 6 Children went to bed that evening quite early. Unknown to Sarah
that was the last time she would see her family.
Sarah could not sleep that night while her husband and Children where fast
asleep. At around 10 pm she felt like to ease herself but she decided to stay put
maybe sleep will come and she would forget about the call of nature. Some few
minutes to 11pm she could no longer hold it and she silently went out. Instead of
going into the Bathroom / Toilet located some few feet from her room she
decided to enter into the Corn Farm just by her room.
As she was easing herself, she heard some movements in the farm opposite
where she was and the movement was getting closer and louder. She was curious
what it was and all of a sudden she saw a tall figure came out with something
that look like a Gun. Before she could blink her eyes they became 6 figures all
holding machetes and Gun. One of them whispered something in a Language she
does not understand and 3 charged into their house the door was sure open
because she is outside. One of the 3 outside set fire on their 2 bans where they
store their grains. She then heard the 'tat ra tat ra tat tat tat' sound typical of a
Kalashnikov she looked up to see the other compound north of their house it's
already in flames, the next West of their compound was also in flames . She
decided to lie-down low in the farm until morning.
That was the longest night she ever experienced in her life it seems morning will
never come. She got some respite from her long wait for morning when the cock
crowed. At around 5:30 am she developed some boldness and decided to come
out of hiding going into her house she decided to check her Children who were all
sleeping in a room they were all dead in pool of their blood. She checked her
room her husband too gone , dead. She could not hold herself any longer she
Unknown to Madam Sarah other villages such as Me-sankwai, Tekum and
Ungwan Gatah were also attacked and it was simultaneous at 11pm. The
Operation took 3 hours and no Single security in form of Soldiers or Police came
for their help. 100 people Babies, Children, Young and Old lost their lives that
night many roasted while sleeping in their homes that night of March 2014 in
those villages in Moroa Chiefdom of Kaduna State.
Many villagers when they were asked said they don't know why the Fulanis did
that. They said if the Fulanis have problem with them why didn't they come for
dialogue? But how would they even have dialogue when you don't know who you
are going to talk to?
The Fulani massacre have today taken another Dimension. They kill at will and
claim they stole their cows. ..Imagine the fabricated lies. If your cows are stolen
are you not confident of a regime headed by a Fulani man, can't you report to the
appropriate authorities. It was reported that 1.3m Middle belters have moved from
their ancestral homes due to this attacks by both Fulanis and Boko Haram.
The Fulanis have a Motive. Read this:
On October 2nd 2014, Alhaji Aliyu Gwarzo, a prominent Fulani leader from Kano,
said the following words to Point Blank News Magazine. He said,
"when I say that the Presidency must come to the north next year I am referring to
the Hausa-Fulani core north and not any northern Christian or Muslim minority
The Christians in the north such as the Berom, the Tiv, the Kataf, the Jaba, the
Zuru, the Sayyawa, the Bachama, the Jukun, the Idoma and all the others are
nothing and the muslim minorities in the north, including the Kanuri, the Nupe, the
Igbira, the Babur, the Shuwa Arabs, the Marghur and all the others know that when
we are talking about leadership in the north and in Nigeria, Allah has given it to
us, the Hausa-Fulani.
They can grumble, moan and groan as much as they want but each time they go
into their bedrooms to meet their wives and each time they get on their prayer
mats to begin their prayers, it is we the Fulani that they think of, that they fear,
that they bow to and that they pray for.
Some of them are even ready to give us their wives and daughters for one night's
sport and pleasure. They owe us everything. This is because we gave them Islam
through the great Jihad waged by our father the great Usuman Dan Fodio.
We also captured Ilorin, killed their local King and installed our Fulani Emir. We
took that ancient town away from the barbarian Yoruba and their filthy pagan
gods. We liberated all these places and all these people by imposing Islam on
them by force.
It was either the Koran or the sword and most of them chose the Koran. In return
for the good works of our forefathers Allah, through the British, gave us Nigeria to
rule and to do with as we please. Since 1960 we have been doing that and we
intend to continue.
No Goodluck or anyone else will stop us from taking back our power next year. We
will kill, maim, destroy and turn this country into Africa’s biggest war zone and
refugee camp if they try it.
Many say we are behind Boko Haram. My answer is what do you expect? We do
not have economic power or intellectual power. All we have is political power and
they want to take even that from us.
We must fight and we will fight back in order to keep it. They have brought in the
infidels from America and the pigs from Israel to help them but they will fail. The
war has just begun, the Mujaheddin are more than ready and by Allah we shall
If they don’t want an ISIS in Nigeria then they must give us back the Presidency
and our political power. Their soldiers are killing our warriors and our people every
day but mark this: even if it takes one hundred years we will have our revenge.
Every Fulani man that they kill is a debt that will be repaid even if it takes 100
years. The Fulani have very long memories.".
Men like Alhaji Aliyu Gwarzo have clearly become prisoners of their own vain
fantasies and dark delusions. They represent the ''Chief Whip'' or ''the heavy
muscle'' within the Fulani ruling class.
They are direct, crude, threatening and vulgar and they come across like boastful
bullies and motor-park touts.
Yet despite this they must be taken very seriously because they represent an
increasingly powerful and strong-willed tendency within the circles of caliphate
power and the Fulani ruling elite.
A slightly more refined yet equally eloquent testimony of their battle-ready
temperement and mindset was provided by none other than President
Muhammadu Buhari himself in 2013 when he said that if what happened in 2011
during the Presidential elections happens again in 2015 and he ends up losing to
President Goodluck Jonathan, who happens to be a southern Cristian, ''the dog
and the baboon will both be soaked in blood". His words are few yet his point was
Finally let us consider the contribution of the respected elder statesman, Alhaji
Lawal Kaita, to the discourse when he said, before the Presidential election in
2011, that ''power must return to the north otherwise we (meaning northerners)
would make the country ungovernable''.
Jonathan went ahead to win the election and Lawal Kaita and co. went ahead to
honor their word: from 2011 till 2015, make the country ungovernable they
These are shocking and deeply troubling contributions from these Fulani leaders
and the import of their insidious threats are self-evident. They need no further
analysis or explanation here.
In the light of all this one thing remains clear: it is time for us to do whatever it is
that we must do to save our country and if those that believe that they own it
refuse to be reasonable and fair to the rest of us, perhaps we should consider the
possibility of redefining her.
********Most Nigerians including those affected in Kaduna , Plateau , Nassarawa ,
Benue and Taraba are in denial about what is going on and some are just too
intimidated and cowardly to acknowledge the problem let alone to speak out or to
attempt to resist it.
After Olu Falaye's Kidnap:just 1 Yoruba man we saw a strong worded warning
from Afenifere to the Presidency. Ondo State recently gave a strong warning to
any Fulani found causing trouble in that state. More than 300 killed in Agatu and
no any strong word from any of you? This is rather absurd. We need to see a
strong delegation from the Middlebelt lead by people like TY Danjuma, David Mark,
David Jonah Jang, Jerry Gana and Zamani Lekwot to the Presidency warning in
strong terms these Fulani atrocities.
DON'T EVER SAY IT DOESN'T CONCERN YOU..IT ALL STARTED WITH THE TIVS
WE CALL IT TIV / FULANI FIGHT, IT GOT TO THE BIROMS, IT WENT TO
SOUTHERN KADUNA NOW IT'S IDOMA. ..IT WILL BE YOU TOMORROW.
Got this from Facebook